I've Moved!

As of July 3, 2013, I have changed blog location! You can now find me blogging on my new blog, The Giant Pencil. Click the link below to view.

http://thegiantpencil.blogspot.com

Friday, May 3, 2013

Book Blog: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Let's see, there were characters smoking pot, underage drinking, abuse, and not to mention...the nasty.

Ah, the cruelties of life.

The movie cover is actually better than the original cover. I just don't get the latter one. It's butt ugly.

Sometimes I forget that this book took place in 1991. I was surprised that Charlie (our lovely narrator) wasnt as worldly as the rest of us. And then I remembered that Google wasn't invented yet.

Charlie is far from a roll model. He hangs our with seniors when he's only a freshmen  (but since he get held back a grade, he's technically a sophmore) and makes a lot of bad decisions. I was cringing throughout the book.
But I guess that just goes to show that I haven't read that many books that show the reality of high school students. It was really eye-opening to think that some people actually live like this.

I'm sorry about this really short review, but I don't really have anything to say. I'm a bit speechless, y'know? I might edit this after I've watched the movie, but for right now...

Rating: 3 3/4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment